|AHFS/Drugs.com||International Drug Names|
|CompTox Dashboard (EPA)|
|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||416.47 g·mol−1|
|3D model (JSmol)|
It has been suggested that ramatroban, by modulating DP2 receptor, can reverse viremia-associated proinflammatory and prothrombotic processes which are similar to those induced by SARS-Cov-2. Hence, ramatroban, that has been used for the treatment of allergic rhinitis in Japan for the past two decades with a well established safety profile, merits investigation as a novel immunotherapy for the treatment of COVID-19 disease, although no clinical trial has yet been conducted.
Ramatroban was developed by the German pharmaceutical company Bayer AG and is co-marketed in Japan by Bayer Yakuhin then marketed by Kyorin Pharmaceutical and Nippon Shinyaku Co., Ltd. under the trade name Baynas.
- "Ramatroban (compound)". PubChem. National Center for Biotechnology Information. Retrieved 22 June 2019.
- Sugimoto H, Shichijo M, Iino T, et al. (April 2003). "An orally bioavailable small molecule antagonist of CRTH2, ramatroban (BAY u3405), inhibits prostaglandin D2-induced eosinophil migration in vitro". J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 305 (1): 347–52. doi:10.1124/jpet.102.046748. PMID 12649388. S2CID 10016709.
- Royer JF, Schratl P, Carrillo JJ, et al. (September 2008). "A novel antagonist of prostaglandin D2 blocks the locomotion of eosinophils and basophils". Eur. J. Clin. Invest. 38 (9): 663–71. doi:10.1111/j.1365-2362.2008.01989.x. PMID 18837743.
- Fiedler VB, Seuter F, Perzborn E (December 1990). "Effects of the novel thromboxane antagonist Bay U 3405 on experimental coronary artery disease" (PDF). Stroke. 21 (12 Suppl): IV149–51. PMID 2260140.
- Endo S, Akiyama K (November 1996). "[Thromboxane A2 receptor antagonist in asthma therapy]". Nippon Rinsho (in Japanese). 54 (11): 3045–8. PMID 8950952.
- Rizk JG, Kalantar-Zadeh K, Mehra MR, Lavie CJ, Rizk Y, Forthal DN (September 2020). "Pharmaco-Immunomodulatory Therapy in COVID-19". Drugs. 80 (13): 1267–1292. doi:10.1007/s40265-020-01367-z. PMC 7372203. PMID 32696108.
- (in Japanese) Baynas Tablets Prescribing Information