|Download our app! This allows free access to all our content even when there's no Internet. There are versions in other languages and for systems other than Android.
Our goal is to make clear, reliable, comprehensive, up-to-date education resources and information in the biomedical and related social sciences freely available to all people in the language of their choice, online and off. While we are working on resources for all people, we are particularly interested in developing material useful for those in low and middle income countries.
MDWiki's content efforts involve further developing Wikipedia's medical content. This is being carried out by some of Wikipedia's historically most prolific medical editors.
- We use OAuth which means you can log in using your Wikipedia credentials.
- To gain the ability to edit please leave us a request HERE
Differs from Wikipedia
The content efforts is to create medical content with improved multimedia interactability and for offline use. It differs from Wikipedia in the following ways:
- We encourage the inclusion of video, including video under Non-Commerical (NC) and NoDerivatives (ND) licenses. The latter are hosted at NC Commons. We only accept CC BY SA, CC BY, and public domain text. Examples of articles using an NC image are here and here.
- Costs of medications are not only permitted but encouraged. And we include medication doses.
- We write for a general audience, with efforts to approach a grade 12 reading level, with the understanding that many of the people who use this resource may speak English as a second language.
- Editing is restricted to registered and approved individuals. The application process is here.
- We have a code of conduct, though Wikipedia does now as well.
- Paid conflict of interest editing is not permitted (disclosed or otherwise). Case by case exceptions may be made following discussion.
- We are open to innovation! The goal is to provide the best possible content for our users.
Work in progress
This site is growing out of Meta-Wiki and Wikipedia. We have attribution to Wikipedia, where much of the content originates, in the footers. We are working on a full history import. This project is run by a Wikimedia thematic organization and not by the Wikimedia Foundation.