|Lamivudine||nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor|
|Nevirapine||non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor|
|Stavudine||nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor|
|Trade names||Triomune, others|
|Defined daily dose||not established|
Lamivudine/nevirapine/stavudine (3TC/NVP/d4T) is a medication used to treat HIV/AIDS. It is a fixed dose combination of lamivudine, nevirapine, and stavudine. It is either used by itself or along with other antiretrovirals. It is taken by mouth twice a day.
The medication is generally well tolerated. Side effects are those of the underlying medications. This may include rash, numbness, pancreatitis, and high blood lactate levels. Use is not recommended in those with significant liver problems. It is unclear if use in pregnancy is safe for the baby and recommendations include starting in the second trimester if possible.
The combination was on the World Health Organization's List of Essential Medicines; however, was removed. The wholesale cost in the developing world is about 10 USD per month. As of 2015 it is not commercially available in the United States.
- "WHOCC - ATC/DDD Index". www.whocc.no. Archived from the original on 24 September 2020. Retrieved 18 September 2020.
- World Health Organization (2009). Stuart MC, Kouimtzi M, Hill SR (eds.). WHO Model Formulary 2008. World Health Organization. p. 160. hdl:10665/44053. ISBN 9789241547659.
- "Nevirapine/stavudine/lamivudine" (PDF). aidsmap. Archived from the original (PDF) on 20 December 2016. Retrieved 18 December 2016.
- "eEML - Electronic Essential Medicines List". list.essentialmeds.org. Archived from the original on 18 June 2022. Retrieved 15 September 2023.
- "Additions and deletions of medicines on the WHO model lists of essential medicines: 1977-2017". WHO. Archived from the original on 8 July 2023. Retrieved 15 September 2023.
- "Lamivudine + Stavudine + Nevirapine". International Drug Price Indicator Guide. Archived from the original on 22 January 2018. Retrieved 8 December 2016.
- Kasper, Dennis L.; Fauci, Anthony S.; Hauser, Stephen; Longo, Dan; Jameson, J. Larry; Loscalzo, Joseph (2015). Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine 19/E (Vol.1 & Vol.2). McGraw Hill Professional. p. 1277. ISBN 9780071802161. Archived from the original on 2016-12-20.
- Siegfried, NL; Van Deventer, PJ; Mahomed, FA; Rutherford, GW (19 April 2006). "Stavudine, lamivudine and nevirapine combination therapy for treatment of HIV infection and AIDS in adults". The Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews (2): CD004535. doi:10.1002/14651858.CD004535.pub2. PMID 16625606.
- "Lamivudine mixture with Nevirapine and Stavudine". Drug Information Portal. U.S. National Library of Medicine. Archived from the original on 2021-08-28. Retrieved 2020-03-26.