|Dolutegravir||HIV integrase strand transfer inhibitor (INSTI)|
|Rilpivirine||HIV nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NNRTI)|
|Side effects||Diarrhea, nausea, headache|
Dolutegravir/rilpivirine, sold under the brand name Juluca, is a combination medication used to treat HIV/AIDS. It is generally only used in people who have been stabilized on other treatments. It may be the only medication a person requires. It is taken by mouth daily with food.
Common side effects include diarrhea, nausea, and headache. Other side effects may include allergic reactions, liver problems, and depression. Use in early pregnancy may harm the baby. It contains dolutegravir, an integrase inhibitor, and rilpivirine, a reverse-transcriptase inhibitor.
The combination was approved for medical use in the United States in 2017 and Europe in 2018. In the United Kingdom a month of medication costs the NHS about £700 as of 2021. This amount in the United States is about 2,900 USD.
It is taken at a dose of 50mg dolutegravir/25mg rilpivirine once per day.
- "Juluca- dolutegravir sodium and rilpivirine hydrochloride tablet, film coated". DailyMed. 24 October 2019. Archived from the original on 12 June 2020. Retrieved 25 March 2020.
- "Dolutegravir / rilpivirine (Juluca) Use During Pregnancy". Drugs.com. 7 January 2020. Archived from the original on 25 March 2020. Retrieved 25 March 2020.
- "Juluca 50 mg/25 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC)". (emc). 25 February 2020. Archived from the original on 25 March 2020. Retrieved 25 March 2020.
- "Dolutegravir and Rilpivirine Monograph for Professionals". Drugs.com. Archived from the original on 18 January 2021. Retrieved 27 December 2021.
- "Juluca EPAR". European Medicines Agency (EMA). 11 February 2019. Archived from the original on 25 March 2020. Retrieved 25 March 2020.
- BNF 81: March-September 2021. BMJ Group and the Pharmaceutical Press. 2021. p. 681. ISBN 978-0857114105.
- "Juluca Prices, Coupons & Savings Tips - GoodRx". GoodRx. Retrieved 27 December 2021.