|Drug class||Non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NNRTI)|
|Side effects||Nausea, dizziness, headache, tiredness, diarrhea, abnormal dreams|
|Typical dose||100 mg OD|
|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||425.75 g·mol−1|
|3D model (JSmol)|
Common side effects include nausea, dizziness, headache, tiredness, diarrhea, and abnormal dreams. Other side effects may include immune reconstitution syndrome. Safety in pregnancy is unclear. It is a non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NNRTI).
Doravirine was approved for medical use in the United States and Europe in 2018. In the United Kingdom a month of medication costs the NHS about £470 as of 2021. This amount in the United States is about 1,500 USD. It is also available as the combination doravirine/lamivudine/tenofovir.
It is generally taken at a dose of 100 mg per day.
- "Pifeltro- doravirine tablet, film coated". DailyMed. 10 October 2019. Archived from the original on 28 October 2020. Retrieved 22 September 2020.
- "Pifeltro EPAR". European Medicines Agency (EMA). Archived from the original on 28 October 2020. Retrieved 1 October 2020.
- "Pifeltro 100 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC)". (emc). Archived from the original on 26 September 2020. Retrieved 1 October 2020.
- "Doravirine (Pifeltro) Use During Pregnancy". Drugs.com. Archived from the original on 3 December 2020. Retrieved 27 December 2021.
- BNF 81: March-September 2021. BMJ Group and the Pharmaceutical Press. 2021. p. 683. ISBN 978-0857114105.
- "Pifeltro Prices, Coupons & Savings Tips - GoodRx". GoodRx. Retrieved 27 December 2021.