|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||145468.09 g·mol−1|
Bermekimab (MABp1, trade name Xilonix) is a human monoclonal antibody of IgG1k isotype targeting Interleukin 1 alpha (IL1A). As of March 2017[update], bermekimab is in phase III clinical trials as an immunotherapy for colorectal cancer and as of September 2018 in phase II clinical trials for the treatment of atopic dermatitis.
Bermekimab is being developed by XBiotech Inc.
- Statement On A Nonproprietary Name Adopted By The USAN Council - Bermekimab, American Medical Association.
- Hong DS, Hui D, Bruera E, Janku F, Naing A, Falchook GS, et al. (May 2014). "MABp1, a first-in-class true human antibody targeting interleukin-1α in refractory cancers: an open-label, phase 1 dose-escalation and expansion study". The Lancet. Oncology. 15 (6): 656–66. doi:10.1016/S1470-2045(14)70155-X. PMID 24746841.
- Clinical trial number NCT01767857 for "A Phase III Study of Xilonix in Patients With Advanced Colorectal Cancer (XCITE)" at ClinicalTrials.gov
- Clinical trial number NCT03496974 for "A Phase II Study of Bermekimab (MABp1) in Patients With Moderate to Severe Atopic Dermatitis" at ClinicalTrials.gov
- "Xilonix True Human monoclonal antibody by Xbiotech oncology". www.xbiotech.com. XBiotech. Retrieved 3 March 2017.