|Trade names||Zestoretic, Prinzide, others|
|Defined daily dose||not established|
|AHFS/Drugs.com||Multum Consumer Information|
Lisinopril/hydrochlorothiazide, sold under the trade name Zestoretic among others, is a combination of the medications lisinopril, an ACE inhibitor, and hydrochlorothiazide, a diuretic. It is used to treat high blood pressure. Typically, it becomes an option once a person is doing well on the individual components. It is taken by mouth.
The combination was approved for medical use in the United States in 1989. It is on the World Health Organization's List of Essential Medicines. It is available as a generic medication. In the United States the wholesale cost per dose is less than US$0.05 as of 2018[update]. In the United Kingdom it costs the NHS about GB£0.40 per dose as of 2017[update]. In 2017, it was the 44th most commonly prescribed medication in the United States, with more than 16 million prescriptions.
Society and culture
In the United States the wholesale cost per dose is less than US$0.05 as of 2018[update].In the United Kingdom it costs the NHS about GB£0.40 per dose as of 2017[update]. In 2017, it was the 44th most commonly prescribed medication in the United States, with more than 16 million prescriptions.
- "WHOCC - ATC/DDD Index". www.whocc.no. Retrieved 9 September 2020.
- "Hydrochlorothiazide and lisinopril Uses, Side Effects & Warnings". Drugs.com. Cerner Multum. Retrieved 26 December 2018.
- British national formulary : BNF 74 (74 ed.). British Medical Association. 2017. p. 166. ISBN 978-0857112989.
- "Lisinopril and Hydrochlorothiazide - FDA prescribing information, side effects and uses". Drugs.com. Solco Healthcare LLC.
- World Health Organization (2019). World Health Organization model list of essential medicines: 21st list 2019. Geneva: World Health Organization. hdl:10665/325771. WHO/MVP/EMP/IAU/2019.06. License: CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 IGO.
- "NADAC as of 2018-12-19". Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Retrieved 22 December 2018.
- "The Top 300 of 2020". ClinCalc. Retrieved 11 April 2020.
- "Hydrochlorothiazide; Lisinopril - Drug Usage Statistics". ClinCalc. Retrieved 11 April 2020.
- "Hydrochlorothiazide mixture with Lisinopril". Drug Information Portal. U.S. National Library of Medicine.