|Amlodipine||Calcium channel blocker|
|Trade names||Valongix; Stapressial; Lipertance; Triveram; others|
|Main uses||High blood pressure and high cholesterol or heart disease|
|Side effects||Generally few|
|WHO AWaRe||UnlinkedWikibase error: ⧼unlinkedwikibase-error-statements-entity-not-set⧽|
Atorvastatin/perindopril/amlodipine is a combination medicine used to treat high blood pressure and high cholesterol or heart disease. It may reduce the risk of heart disease by nearly 50%. The benefit of a single pill is people are more willing to take it. It is taken by mouth.
Side effects are those of the individual components and generally few. The perindopril may decrease the leg swelling caused by the amlodipine. It is a combination of atorvastatin, a statin; perindopril, an ACE inhibitor; and amlodipine, a calcium channel blocker.
The combination is approved in many European countries as of 2021. It is on the World Health Organization's List of Essential Medicines. It is a type of polypill. It is expected that the combination medication will be less expensive than the individual components, but this may vary by country. In Mauritius a month of medication costs about 26 USD in 2020.
- "List of nationally authorised medicinal products" (PDF). EMA. Archived (PDF) from the original on 3 March 2022. Retrieved 18 September 2023.
- "European Medicines Agency decision P/0300/2013" (PDF). EMA. Archived (PDF) from the original on 19 September 2023. Retrieved 18 September 2023.
- Bertrand, ME; Vlachopoulos, C; Mourad, JJ (August 2016). "Triple Combination Therapy for Global Cardiovascular Risk: Atorvastatin, Perindopril, and Amlodipine". American journal of cardiovascular drugs : drugs, devices, and other interventions. 16 (4): 241–253. doi:10.1007/s40256-016-0175-2. PMID 27256435.
- World Health Organization (2023). The selection and use of essential medicines 2023: web annex A: World Health Organization model list of essential medicines: 23rd list (2023). Geneva: World Health Organization. hdl:10665/371090. WHO/MHP/HPS/EML/2023.02.
- Stafylas, P.; Karaiskou, M.; Zouka, M. (October 2018). "PCV43 - BUDGET IMPACT ANALYSIS OF THE INTRODUCTION OF A SINGLE-PILL COMBINATION OF ATORVASTATIN, PERINDOPRIL AND AMLODIPINE IN THE GREEK SETTING". Value in Health. 21: S99–S100. doi:10.1016/j.jval.2018.09.590. Archived from the original on 19 October 2023. Retrieved 24 September 2023.
- "An application to include fixed dose combinations in the WHO Model List of Essential Medicines for primary and secondary prevention of atherosclerotic cardiovascular diseases in adults" (PDF). WHO. Archived (PDF) from the original on 19 October 2023. Retrieved 24 September 2023.