Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Constellation of clinical characteristics and associated conditions for acute hepatic porphyria|
Hepatic porphyrias is a form of porphyria in which toxic porphyrin molecules build up in the liver. Hepatic porphyrias can result from a number of different enzyme deficiencies.
Examples include (in order of synthesis pathway):
- Acute intermittent porphyria
- Porphyria cutanea tarda and Hepatoerythropoietic porphyria
- Hereditary coproporphyria
- Variegate porphyria
- ↑ "OMIM - PORPHYRIA, CONGENITAL ERYTHROPOIETIC". Archived from the original on 2009-05-08. Retrieved 2008-12-04.
- Porphyrias,+Hepatic at the US National Library of Medicine Medical Subject Headings (MeSH)