|Yearly reports: 2013 • 2014 • 2015 • 2016 • 2017 • 2018 • 2019 • 2020 • 2021 (draft)|
This is a report on activities for 2014 for Wiki Project Med Foundation.
Our translation efforts began in 2012.
— one of the fastest ways we can improve the health of our entire planet!
- Major coverage
- "Doctors and Translators Working Together to Bridge Medical Language Gap", Global Voices & Wikimedia Blog, July 27, 2014
- "A Fight for Awareness in the Age of Globalization, Huffington Post, October 2, 2014
- Wikipedia Emerges as Trusted Internet Source for Ebola Information, New York Times, October 27, 2014
- IT-web Africa: Ebola information translation in South African languages
- Eyewitness News: Ebola health info available in all SA languages
UCSF medical school
We had a four week elective for 4th year medical students at UCSF.
Copy and paste detection
In Aug of 2014 we launch a copy and paste detection bot that reviews new edits to Wikipedia's medical content
Members of the organisation spoke at a number of conferences.
JF de Wolff:
- Facilitated at the Editathon at the Wellcome Library on 26 February
- Spoke and facilitated at an educational event at Imperial College School of Medicine in July
- Spoke at the MedXL8 conference (Freiburg, Germany) on 5 October
- Held a series of three lectures at the "Science Museum Lates" on 26 November in collaboration with Wikimedia UK
In 2014 we raised no money and spent no money.