|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||881.992 g·mol−1|
|3D model (JSmol)|
|(what is this?)|
Tesetaxel is an orally administered taxane being investigated as a chemotherapy agent for various types of cancer, including breast cancer, gastric cancer, colorectal cancer, and other solid tumors. It differs from other members of the taxane class (e.g. paclitaxel or docetaxel) in that it is administered orally, not intravenously.
- Clinical trial number NCT01221870 for "Tesetaxel as First-line Therapy for Metastatic Breast Cancer" at ClinicalTrials.gov
- Evans T, Dobrila R, Berardi R, Sumpter KA, Wall LR, Oyama R, Anthoney DA (June 2006). "A phase II study of DJ-927 as second-line therapy in patients (pts) with advanced gastric cancer (GC) who have failed a 5-FU non taxane based regimen". Journal of Clinical Oncology. 24 (18_suppl): 4081. doi:10.1200/jco.2006.24.18_suppl.4081.
- Clinical trial number NCT00080834 for "DJ-927 as Second-Line Therapy in Treating Patients With Progressive Locally Advanced or Metastatic Colorectal Adenocarcinoma" at ClinicalTrials.gov
- Clinical trial number NCT01315431 for "A Study of Tesetaxel Plus Capecitabine in Patients With Solid Tumors" at ClinicalTrials.gov
- Shionoya M, Jimbo T, Kitagawa M, Soga T, Tohgo A (May 2003). "DJ-927, a novel oral taxane, overcomes P-glycoprotein-mediated multidrug resistance in vitro and in vivo". Cancer Science. 94 (5): 459–66. doi:10.1111/j.1349-7006.2003.tb01465.x. PMID 12824894.