|Sofosbuvir||NS5B RNA polymerase inhibitor|
|Voxilaprevir||NS3/4A protease inhibitor|
|Main uses||Hepatitis C|
|Side effects||Headache, tiredness, diarrhea, trouble sleeping, nausea|
|By mouth (tablets)|
|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||2281.42 g·mol−1|
|3D model (JSmol)|
Sofosbuvir/velpatasvir/voxilaprevir, sold under the brand name Vosevi, is a combination medication used to treat hepatitis C. It is taken by mouth with food. Effectiveness is greater than 95%.
Common side effects include headache, tiredness, diarrhea, trouble sleeping, and nausea. Other side effects may include hepatitis B reactivation and liver problems. While there is no clear evidence of harm during pregnancy, it has not been well studied in this group. It contains sofosbuvir, velpatasvir, and voxilaprevir, each of which blocks an enzyme required by the virus.
The combination was approved for medical use in the United States and Europe in 2017. In the United States 8 weeks of treatment costs about 48,500 USD as of 2021. This amount in the United Kingdom costs the NHS about £30,000.
It is typically take at a dose of one tablet a day for 8 to 12 weeks.
Each tablet contains 400 mg sofosbuvir, 100 mg velpatasvir, and 100 mg voxilaprevir.
It should not be used together with certain medicines including:
- ethinyl estradiol
- carbamazepine, phenobarbital, phenytoin
- St John’s wort
Society and culture
- "Vosevi EPAR". European Medicines Agency (EMA). Archived from the original on 23 October 2020. Retrieved 24 September 2020.
- "Sofosbuvir, Velpatasvir, And Voxilaprevir Monograph for Professionals". Drugs.com. Archived from the original on 12 January 2020. Retrieved 14 October 2021.
- "Sofosbuvir / velpatasvir / voxilaprevir (Vosevi) Use During Pregnancy". Drugs.com. Archived from the original on 28 November 2020. Retrieved 14 October 2021.
- "Vosevi Prices, Coupons & Savings Tips - GoodRx". GoodRx. Retrieved 14 October 2021.
- BNF (80 ed.). BMJ Group and the Pharmaceutical Press. September 2021 – March 2021. p. 667. ISBN 978-0-85711-369-6.
- "FDA approves Vosevi for Hepatitis C". U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) (Press release). 18 July 2017. Archived from the original on 23 July 2017. Retrieved 27 July 2017.
- "Sofosbuvir mixture with velpatasvir and voxilaprevir". Drug Information Portal. U.S. National Library of Medicine. Archived from the original on 7 August 2020. Retrieved 27 July 2021.