This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013)
Orthopaedic nursing (or orthopedic nursing) is a nursing specialty focused on the prevention and treatment of musculoskeletal disorders. Orthopaedic issues range from acute problems such as fractures or hospitalization for joint replacement to chronic systemic disorders such as loss of bone density or lupus erythematosus.
Certification in general orthopaedic nursing results in the designation "Orthopaedic Nurse Certified" (ONC).
- International Orthopaedic Nurses Day is October 30.
- Osteoporosis Awareness and Prevention Month is May.
- Agnes Hunt, the pioneer of orthopaedic nursing
- National Association of Orthopaedic Nurses
- Journal of Orthopaedic Nursing
- Orthopaedic Nursing (journal)
- "International Orthopaedic Nurses Day". Archived from the original on 2012-09-22. Retrieved 2012-08-22.
- National Osteoporosis Awareness and Prevention Month 2015