Nursing in Taiwan
Nursing is a licensed profession in the Republic of China, plus additional of further nurse specialist training courses. Health law and regulation in Taiwan is overseen by the Ministry of Health and Welfare.
Taiwanese nurses are segregated into three categories based on length of training, comparable to the licensed, registered, and advanced registered categories in the American system. Speciality nurses (專科學校) study for 5–7 years, normal nurses (普通大學) for 4, and inaugural nurses (在職專班) for two.
In Taiwan there are NP courses: emergency care, midwifery care, oncological care, orthopedic care, pediatric care, anesthesia care, outpatient care.
There are institutes that provide nursing education courses:
|Chang Gung Memorial Hospital||Taipei||長庚紀念醫院|
|Fu Jen Catholic University Hospital||New Taipei||天主教輔仁大學醫學院附設醫院|
|Mackay Memorial Hospital||Taipei||馬偕紀念醫院|
|National Taiwan University Hospital||Taipei||國立台灣大學醫學院附設醫院|
|Taipei Veterans General Hospital||Taipei||台北榮民總醫院|
|Tri-Service General Hospital||Taipei||三軍總醫院|
|National Taipei University of Nursing and Health Science||Taipei||國立臺北護理健康大學|
|National Tainan Junior College of Nursing||Tainan||國立臺南護理專科學校|
|National Taichung University of Science and Technology||Taichung||國立臺中科技大學|
Differences in Taiwan compared to the United States
History and act
- 1963, five years nursing professionals train course initial, junior high school graduates were available for recruition.
- 1977, extent to high school graduates.
- 1985, add male students.
- In 2003, after the outbreak of highly contagious SARS, spread from but hid by China, President Chen Shui-bian visited a hospital on International Nurses Day to express admiration for 3 nurses, infected with SARS and sacrificed, among other medical personnel fighting on the frontline. He conveys wishes to nurses for their devotion to duty of caring and reminded hospital staffs that they should adopt strict precautionary measures to protect themselves before contacting with patients.
- At 2017 International Nurses Day celebration, the first female President Tsai Ing-wen conducted a "passing of the torch" ceremony with leaders of the Taiwan Union of Nurses Association and the Taiwan Nurses Association. She honors nurses recognized for outstanding professionalism and service as well as over 2,200 nurses at the event who has been working for over 25 years. President Tsai expressed deepest respect and gratitude for their contributions to the health of people in Taiwan, and stressed the government has responsibility to increase benefits available to nurses and achieve more reasonable nurse-to-patient ratios and ensure friendlier workplaces. She also praises Taiwan's long tradition of providing international medical aid with the participation of nurses and emphasizes the needs to interact with other countries to share experience in nursing care. She emphasizes the nursing profession's concern for global health is a shared value for all nations.
Master degree program
- 1995, open three division including adult care, community care, nursing administration.
- 1999, open the postgraduate program for registered nurses.
The Taiwan nursing act, known as Nursing Personnel Act, edited in January 2015 contained 57 articles and seven chapters.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare衛福部
- Taiwan Association of Nurse Practitioner 台灣專科護理協會
-  Advancing the role of nurses in Taiwan Miaofen Yen, PhD ’94, MS ’90, receives inaugural innovation award from the International Council of Nurses by: Brett Stursa
-  面 - 國立臺灣大學醫學院 護理學系暨研究所 ICN CEO David Benton visited School of Nursing,
- "President Chen Inspects the Quarantine Wards of Taipei Veterans General Hospital". Office of the President of Taiwan. 12 May 2003. Retrieved 29 May 2018.
- "President Tsai attends celebration marking International Nurses Day 2017". Office of the President of Taiwan. 12 May 2017. Retrieved 29 May 2018.
- "Taiwan will continue its contribution to global health: Tsai". Central News Agency. 12 May 2017. Retrieved 29 May 2018.
- "TAIWAN CATEGORICALLY NOT INVITED TO WHA, TSAI DEFIANT WHA未邀請台灣 蔡總統首度公開表態". Public Television Service. 13 May 2017. Retrieved 29 May 2018.
- "International Nurses Day Celebration 2017" (PDF). Taiwan Nurses Association. July 2017. Retrieved 29 May 2018.
-  Title Nursing Personnel Act Amended Date 2015.01.14 Category Ministry of Health and Welfare, MOHW