|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||146 kg/mol|
|(what is this?)|
Lucatumumab (CHIR 12.12 or HCD122) is a human monoclonal antibody against CD40 development of which was discontinued by Novartis in 2013 after it was investigated for the treatment of various types of cancer like multiple myeloma and follicular lymphoma.
It is an antagonist to CD40 that was created by scientists at Chiron using Abgenix' XenoMouse transgenic mouse to generate fully human antibodies. It was made part of the collaboration between Chiron and Xoma that the companies commenced in 2004. Novartis took over the project when it acquired Chiron in 2005.
Over three Phase 1 trials in multiple myeloma and chronic lymphocytic leukemia, the companies made an effort to determine the optimal dose, and obtained unclear results. The Phase I part of a planned Phase I/II trial in multiple myeloma was started in 2005, and in 2012 was updated to Phase II and closed; as of 2014 the results had not been published.
- Hassan SB, Sørensen JF, Olsen BN, Pedersen AE (April 2014). "Anti-CD40-mediated cancer immunotherapy: an update of recent and ongoing clinical trials". Immunopharmacology and Immunotoxicology. 36 (2): 96–104. doi:10.3109/08923973.2014.890626. PMID 24555495. S2CID 21840914.
- Statement On A Nonproprietary Name Adopted By The USAN Council – Lucatumumab, American Medical Association.
- "Lucatumumab". AdisInsight. Retrieved 20 February 2017.
- "Press release: XOMA and Chiron Announce Preclinical Data Presentations on CHIR-12.12 at American Hematology Conference". XOMA and Chiron vis Businesswire. December 2, 2004.
- Weng W, Tong X, Luqman M, Levy R (16 November 2004). "(Poster Session No. 627-II) A Fully Human Anti-CD40 Antagonistic Antibody, CHIR-12.12, Inhibit the Proliferation of Human B Cell Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma". Blood. 104 (11): 3279. doi:10.1182/blood.V104.11.3279.3279. ISSN 0006-4971.
- "Chiron and Xoma in MAb deal - Pharmaceutical industry news". The Pharma Letter. March 8, 2004.. Part of Xoma's 10-K filed 2004-03-15. Index page at SEC Edgar.
- "Exhibit 10.50: Agreement, dated Feb 27, 2004, by and btwn Chiron Corp and XOMA". Xoma via SEC Edgar.
- "Exhibit 10.2 Amended Research, Development and Commercialization Agreement". www.sec.gov. Xoma via SEC Edgar. May 26, 2005.
- Tansey B (November 1, 2005). "Novartis to buy Chiron / Swiss pharmaceutical giant to pay $5.1 billion". San Francisco Chronicle.
- "Press Release: XOMA Restructures Drug Development Collaboration Including Oncology Drug Candidate HCD122 (NASDAQ:XOMA)". Xoma. November 10, 2008.
- "Lucatumumab". NCI Drug Dictionary. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institute (NCI). 2011-02-02. Retrieved 20 February 2017.