|Trade names||Cordran, Haelan, others|
|Other names||Flurandrenolide, flurandrenolone|
|Drug class||Topical steroid|
|Main uses||Eczema, psoriasis|
|Side effects||Risk of infection, allergic reactions, acne, skin atrophy, striae|
|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||436.520 g·mol−1|
|3D model (JSmol)|
Fludroxycortide, also known as flurandrenolide and flurandrenolone, is a topical steroid used to treat skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis. It is applied to the skin once to twice per day.
Side effect may include a risk of infection, allergic reactions, acne, skin atrophy, and striae. Rarely Cushing’s syndrome may occur. Prolonged or extensive use is not recommended in pregnancy. It is of mid to high strength.
Fludroxycortide was approved for medical use in the United States in 1965. It is available as a generic medication. In the United Kingdom 60 grams costs about £6 as of 2021. In the United States this amount costs about 46 USD.
Fludroxycortide is available in ointment, cream and as an impregnated tape (Haelan tape, Cordran tape).
Chemically it is known as 6α-Fluoro-16α-hydroxyhydrocortisone 16,17-acetonide; 6α-Fluoro-11β,16α,17α,21-tetrahydroxypregn-4-ene-3,20-dione 16,17-acetonide.
- "Flurandrenolide Monograph for Professionals". Drugs.com. Archived from the original on 3 March 2016. Retrieved 14 December 2021.
- BNF 81: March-September 2021. BMJ Group and the Pharmaceutical Press. 2021. p. 1290. ISBN 978-0857114105.
- "Flurandrenolide topical Use During Pregnancy". Drugs.com. Archived from the original on 2 December 2020. Retrieved 14 December 2021.
- "Flurandrenolide Prices, Coupons & Savings Tips - GoodRx". GoodRx. Retrieved 14 December 2021.
- Haelan Tape Summary of Product Characteristics[permanent dead link]
- Nakamura H, Motoyoshi S, Ishii K, Seto Y, Shimizu M (October 1980). "[Anti-inflammatory activity of a topical glucocorticoid, fludroxycortide tape in experimental animals (author's transl)]". Nihon Yakurigaku Zasshi. Folia Pharmacologica Japonica. 76 (7): 595–607. doi:10.1254/fpj.76.595. PMID 7215997.
- "Fludroxycortide". Drugs.com. Archived from the original on 2019-08-29. Retrieved 2020-06-19.
- "Fludroxycortide". Patient.info. Archived from the original on 2021-08-15. Retrieved 2020-06-19.