|Trade names||Arthrotec, Misofen, other|
|Main uses||Rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis|
|Side effects||Abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea, gastritis, dizziness, low red blood cells|
Diclofenac/misoprostol, sold under the brand name Arthrotec, is a combination medication used to treat rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis in those at high risk of NSAID-induced gastroduodenal ulceration. It is taken by mouth.
Common side effects include abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea, gastritis, dizziness, and low red blood cells. Other side effects may include liver problems, high blood pressure, heart failure, kidney problems, anaphylaxis, and worsening asthma. Use in pregnancy may harm the baby or result in abortion. It contains diclofenac sodium, a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) and misoprostol a gastrointestinal (GI) protective prostaglandin E1.
The combination was approved for medical use in the United States in 1997. It is available as a generic medication. In the United States 60 tablets costs about 40 USD as of 2023. In the United Kingdom 60 tablets costs the NHS about £12 as of 2021.
It may be taken at a dose of up to 50 mg diclofenac/200 mcg misoprostol three to four times per day.
Society and culture
This medication is in the U.S. available for $57 (USD) for an amount of 30 tablets (50 mg-200 mcg) 
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 "DailyMed - ARTHROTEC- diclofenac sodium and misoprostol tablet, film coated". dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. Archived from the original on 25 September 2021. Retrieved 25 May 2023.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Diclofenac Sodium/Misoprostol". GoodRx. Retrieved 25 May 2023.
- ↑ BNF 81: March-September 2021. BMJ Group and the Pharmaceutical Press. 2021. p. 1183. ISBN 978-0857114105.
- ↑ "Diclofenac/misoprostol Prices, Coupons & Patient Assistance Programs". Drugs.com. Archived from the original on 29 October 2015. Retrieved 27 March 2021.
- "Diclofenac mixture with Misoprostol". Drug Information Portal. U.S. National Library of Medicine. Archived from the original on 2021-08-28. Retrieved 2020-09-25.
- Summary of Product Characteristics Archived 2007-09-28 at the Wayback Machine for Arthrotec 50 from the electronic Medicines Compendium
- Patient Information Leaflet Archived 2007-09-28 at the Wayback Machine for Arthrotec 50 from the electronic Medicines Compendium
- Summary of Product Characteristics Archived 2007-09-28 at the Wayback Machine for Arthrotec 75 from the electronic Medicines Compendium
- Patient Information Leaflet Archived 2007-09-28 at the Wayback Machine for Arthrotec 75 from the electronic Medicines Compendium
- Pages using duplicate arguments in template calls
- Chemical articles without CAS registry number
- Articles without EBI source
- Chemical pages without ChemSpiderID
- Chemical pages without DrugBank identifier
- Articles without KEGG source
- Articles without InChI source
- Articles without UNII source
- Drugs missing an ATC code
- Drugs that are a combination of chemicals
- Webarchive template wayback links
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- Combination drugs
- All stub articles
- Musculoskeletal system drug stubs
- Analgesic stubs