|We have an offline version of our healthcare content. Download the app and access all this content when there's no Internet. (other languages)|
Welcome to MDWiki. This is both home to Wiki Project Med Foundation (WPMEDF) and the site of one of our content projects. Our goal is to make clear, reliable, comprehensive, up-to-date education resources and information in the biomedical and related social sciences freely avaliable to all people in the language of their choice online and off. While we are working on resources for all people, we are particularly interested in developing resources useful for those in low and middle income countries.
The MDWiki content efforts are to further develop Wikipedia's medical content specifically for offline use. The WikiProjectMed side of the site is fully viewable to anyone. The content efforts require registration and approval to view and edit at this point in time. We will move to fully viewable once we are further along.
We are still ironing out issues with registration. Please contact us at wikiprojectmed[at]gmail[dot]com if you experience trouble with this process.
- This project uses OAuth which means you can log in using your Wikipedia login credentials.
- To gain the ability to edit please leave us a request HERE
How the content project differ from Wikipedia
The purpose of the content project is to create medical content primarily for offline use. It differs from Wikipedia in the following ways:
- We encourage the inclusion of video, including video under Non-Commerical (NC) and NoDerivatives (ND) licenses. The latter are hosted locally. We only accept CC BY SA, CC BY, and public domain text. An example of an article using an NC image is here.
- Costs of medications are not only permitted but encouraged. And we will include medication doses.
- We write for a general audience, with efforts to approach a grade 12 reading level, with the understanding that many of the people who use this resource may speak English as a second language.
- Editing is currently not open to everyone. The application process is above.
- We have a code of conduct.
- Paid conflict of interest editing is not permitted (disclosed or otherwise). Case by case exceptions may be made following discussion.
- Finally we are open to innovation. The goal is to provide the best product possible for our users.
This is a work in progress
Please note that this is a work in progress. We have attribution to Wikipedia, where much of the content originates, in the footers. We are working on a full history import. Until that import is done we have limited visability of the article space of this wiki to established editors. This project is run by a Wikimedia thematic organizations and not by the Wikimedia Foundation.